China: The Future of Telecommunications study tour 2019
The Future of Telecommunications Study Tour 2019
March 9th – March 16th, 2019
Insights into the Chinese market
Join an exclusive telecommunications delegation to Shenzhen, Shanghai and Hangzhou
Telecom Society (TSOC) and Shift Happens are organising an inspirational study tour for telecom executives and entrepreneurs to the innovation hotspots in China: Shenzhen, Shanghai and Hangzhou.
TSOC is the knowledge platform in Technology, Media and Telecommunication and has approximately 800 business members.
Shift Happens has a broad experience in organising trips for executives to international innovation hot spots globally.
China is a dominant player in the international telecommunications business. It has the biggest consumer telecommunication market with more than 1,3 billion users and an e-commerce market with more than 800 million consumers. Companies like, Huawei, ZTE, Xiaomi, Tencent and Alibaba are concurring the world with their innovative technologies and solutions.
China is known for its powerful innovation and its efforts to constantly improve business models and applications with an eye on customer satisfaction. Collecting and usage of big data has become key in business models and consumer offerings.
Shenzhen is widely considered as China’s Silicon Valley with HQ’s of Huawei, ZTE, Tencent and DJI. Cosmopolitan Shanghai is the most important economic, financial and trade center in China. Hangzhou is the e-commerce capital of the world with Alibaba’s HQ amongst others.
The focus of this tour will be:
- Trends in telecommunications consumption, new services and business models.
- Technology developments like 5G, Internet of Things (IoT), Software and Platforms as a service (SAAS and PAAS) and SD-Wan.
- Drone and sensor technology.
- The importance of Big Data and the impact of Artificial Intelligence.
- Innovations at the level of networking, collection and distribution of data.
- Smart city solutions.
When you want to participate, we would like to receive your reaction before 30 November 2018.
- Gain insights into the world's most innovative internet, digital and telecommunications technology market.
- Learn more about different aspects of innovative trends and developments in Shenzhen, Shanghai and Hangzhou, in the internet, digital telecommunications and technology sectors.
- Be able to identify opportunities and potential partnerships for your future business development.
- Gain knowledge of doing business in Shenzhen, Shanghai and Hangzhou focused on the future of telecommunications.
- Expand your network across a wide and diverse group of organizations.
- Gain cultural insights in the region, adding to your skills as a global professional. A list of participants is available upon request.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Senior executives, board members, entrepreneurs and investors from the Dutch telecommunications sector who are interested in business development and innovation in the telecommunications industry. Executives interested in what is happening in the global industry and the future impact it may have on their business. Participating companies include service providers, distributors, technology companies, research institutes and system integrators.
A list of participants is available upon request.
Our program in Shenzhen, Shanghai and Hangzhou, will be an inspiring seven day mission in order to stimulate new product and services development and generate new revenue making opportunities among study tour participants. You will be joined by other delegates from the Netherlands who have the same goal of following trends, gain new insights and establishing new business contacts. Our program will include 5 days of company visits. We will focus on discussions and meetings with executives and thought leaders in the telecommunications and technology sectors and explore business developments and possibilities. The tour will include approximately 18 meetings and site visits tailored to the objectives of the mission and the delegation.
We will visit the leading internet, digital telecommunications and technology companies in Shenzhen, Shanghai and Hangzhou and organize round table conversations with professionals and opinion leaders. The program will be fast paced and content rich, but with some time to relax and enjoy as well.
The program will be preceded by a kick off dinner meeting in the Netherlands on Monday February 11th in Restaurant de Kas in Amsterdam where participants will get the opportunity to meet each other. We will have an in-depth reflection session during the week and a follow up meeting afterwards in The Netherlands.
The following provides a preliminary program but it’s subject to change dependent on the delegation focus and availability of counterparts.
Saturday March 9
- 17:40 hrs departure with flight KL0887 from Amsterdam to Hong Kong.
Sunday March 10
- Arrival 11:55 hrs in Hong Kong and transfer to Shenzhen.
- Exploring city.
- Group welcome dinner with guest speaker.
Monday March 11
- Company visit with overview of the telecommunications market both BtB as BtC
- Company visit Huawei
- Company visit Tencent (WeChat)
- Networking Event
Tuesday March 12
- Company visit ZTE (5G innovations)
- Company visit DJI, market leader in drones and services
- 17:00hrs flight CZ3581 from Shenzhen to Shanghai, arrival 19:25
- Transfer to hotel and check in
Wednesday March 13
- Company visit China Telecom
- Company visit Talking Data, largest independent data services platform
- Company visit Xiaomi, connected home ecosystem
- Panel and informal dinner with youngsters about media and online services consumption and life in China
Thursday March 14
- Transfer with high speed train to Hangzhou
- Company visit Alibaba Group
- Company visit Ant Financial Services
- Group dinner
- Transfer with high speed train back to Shanghai
Friday March 15
- Company visit Touch Virtual (AR and VR)
- Company visit Ofo (bike sharing), IOT application
- Company visit Dutch Brand active in online and offline marketing and communication
- Leisure time
- Group closing dinner at The Bund
Saturday March 16
- Transfer to Shanghai International Airport.
- Departure flight KL0896 @12:40 to Amsterdam
- 17:45 hrs arrival at Schiphol airport
The Future of Telecommunications Study Tour 2019 is being organised by Martijn Kole, partner of HGRV Advisers Managers and George Freriks. For many years now, they organize together innovation tours for executives (www.shift-happens.info).
Martijn Kole has over 20 years of international experience on board level in the media, telecommunications and publishing industry and has initiated, designed and facilitated many business executive tours. He is entrepreneur, advisor and investor and has a strong interest in digital innovation.
George Freriks is a senior consultant working in the media and telecommunications business. He has been manager for more than 30 years. He has lived and worked in California. He is active as a board member of several cutting edge technology companies.
The price is € 7.950. Price includes flights (economy), meals, hotel, ground transportation and the extensive program. VAT is not applicable.
Hotel accommodations at a business class hotel located in the centre of business and cultural life of Shenzhen and Shanghai..
Interspersed into the program will be opportunities to experience Shenzhen and Shanghai and some sightseeing.
Terms and conditions:
- A deposit of € 1.000 will be charged upon registration. The remaining amount will be charged in January.
- Participation is final if the full fare has been paid on time.
- Cancellation of the trip from 2 months prior to departure, 50% of the fare is payable.
- If cancelled up to 1 month prior to departure, 100% of the fare to be paid.
- The above mentioned fare is based on prices, exchange rates, taxes etc. as known in the preparation of the travel program. In case of extreme increases in relation to exchange rates, taxes and fuel surcharges, etc. HGRV is entitled to adjust the fare.
Use this form and send it to Martijn Kole directly.
mobile: +31 (0)629139781
To visit China a business visa is required. Participants will have to apply for a visa themselves, but all necessary information will be provided. Early booking is recommended in order to get all information in place and to get the visa on time. We advise to use the service of Visumdienst. The passport needs to be valid for at least six months and the handling of the visa takes about one week.